Sunny days are fun until you’re drenched in sweat and get all irritated. What next? Your air conditioner just refuses to cool the room. It can be irritating and difficult to find the problem and the solution but it won’t be once you know the right details and information!
An air conditioner is perhaps the best machine which gives us high level comfort cooling and wind streaming. Consistently, innovation has changed from window air conditioner systems to amazingly powerful yet small air conditioners. Although the technology kept improving, it still didn’t make the machines immortal in any sense. They can still be worn out or a part can malfunction rendering the air conditioner useless even if it seems to be turning on.
Causes of malfunction
If your air conditioner’s performance keeps going downhill and suddenly the cooling just stops, it’s bound to make you anxious and curious. Possible causes and reasons can be many but knowing the most probable one might help you in the long run. Here are the brief causes of your air conditioner not cooling:
- Blocked drainage: An important part of the cooling cycle is disposing of the water produced in the process. But if the pipes which are meant to drain the water is blocked then the water keeps accumulating and this can cause water to leak in your indoor unit. The pipe can be blocked due to the dust and debris that might get into it from the surroundings.
- Cracked air ducts: If your house has multiple air conditioners then they all must be connected to air ducts in your house. There is a possibility of an open space or crack being in the said air ducts due to any damages that might’ve occurred. So even if your air conditioner blows cool air it might be released and lost even before it reaches the room.
- Damaged refrigerant: A refrigerant can start leaking or might have a low refrigerant level right from the start due to some production fault. The indicator of this happening is sticky or humid air flow. This can cause your air conditioner to work but not cool the room.
- Frozen evaporator coils: Unstable or irregular flows can cause a thin sheet of ice to form on the evaporator coil. This way refrigerant cannot perform any of it’s jobs and rendering all the other cycles useless.
- Faulty compressor: Compressors have a very important job of depressurizing the refrigerant. If it stops doing that then the temperature of the refrigerant won’t be changed and the coils will get damaged as well as there will be no cooling.
How can the air conditioner be useful again?
You cannot give up on your air conditioner when you don’t know what the issue is. Once you know what the fault is then you can take necessary measures. Unclean filters can be cleaned thoroughly at home itself. Although it is advised to schedule proper servicing from time to time because any other problems can also be detected through it. All the broken parts need to be replaced by experts and not be done informally without proper guidance or knowledge. That might result in a problematic air conditioner since the installation was improper. Call professional technicians for the best service!