A house air conditioner is a necessity in a tropical country like Singapore, where the weather is hot and humid. In order to keep your home well-ventilated and comfortable for your daily activities, you must keep it running most of the time. In contrast, your air conditioner is prone to develop problems over time due to factors such as a lack of adequate maintenance, constant use, and changing weather conditions – all of which result in the cooling appliance failing to perform properly and failing to cool properly. Most air conditioners suffer from the problem of leaking and dripping water, which is by far the most prevalent of all the issues that might arise.
When an air conditioner leaks, it causes additional stress since the appliance is unable to function effectively and, as a result, is unable to provide you and your family with the proper cooling that you require to survive in the summer heat. This issue, which has become a source of frustration for many air conditioner users, can be traced to a variety of circumstances. In this article, we will go over the measures that you can take to correct the problem.
It is necessary to take actions such as cleaning and dusting the condensate drain, the inner coils, and the external coils in order to resolve the issue of leaking and dripping liquid from air conditioners. Here are some particular recommendations and procedures to take:
1. Cleaning and dusting of condensate drain
The condenser is responsible for sucking hot air from your room, cooling it, and releasing the cool air back into the room. The hot air cools down and condenses to form water. The condensate drain pan and condensate pipe of the unit are responsible for removing the water from the unit. It is vital to remember that a lack of regular maintenance, as well as an accumulation of dirt and dust, can cause the drain lines to get clogged.
You can complete the following procedures:
- The air conditioning unit must be turned off and unplugged before continuing. This is done in order to assure safety.
- Remove the access panel to reveal the condensate drain pan, which may be found by unscrewing it. The condensate drain under the evaporating coils has reached saturation and must be shut down.
- Examine the pan to see if it is overflowing with liquid. If this is the case, the likelihood is that the drain channel is clogged. Soak the pan in water for a few minutes before wiping it down with a dry cloth.
Use a wet vacuum cleaner to clean the carpet. This will aid in the removal of the clog from the drain line. It is preferable to begin utilising the cleaning equipment from the terminus of the drain opening, which is usually placed outside the home’s perimeter. Thus, all of the material, grime, and mould in the drain can be removed and cleaned up. Additionally, you can reduce the likelihood of the dirt being returned to the drainpipe.
If necessary, you can make use of the high-pressure suction pump. While cleaning up the debris and grime might be time-consuming, it is well worth your while to devote the time necessary to complete the task.
- Continue to blast the suction for a continuous period of not less than one minute.
- Inspect the canister on a regular basis to see how much dirt has been removed.
- Repeat the process as many times as necessary until there is no more debris or dust in the container.
The following is what you must do next:
- The drain pipes should be flushed with distilled vinegar solution.
- Allow for one hour of solution to remain in the pipes. This will aid in the removal of any tenacious dust or rust that has accumulated in the drain pipes.
Now, using clean water, flush the drain line to clear it out. Make use of your garden shoe to complete the task. Water should be flushed through the pipe starting at the top; this will ensure that water flows throughout the pipe.
For the best results, it is recommended that you obtain expert assistance for the task in order to ensure that it is completed correctly. It will assist you in saving time and reducing the tension involved with the task at hand.
2. Cleaning of the coils on the inside and outside of the vehicle
The evaporator and fan coils are located on the inside of the unit, and the condenser coil is located on the outside of the unit. The procedures for cleaning each of these coils are described in greater detail below.
Follow these steps to thoroughly clean this area:
- Turn off the appliance and unhook it from the electrical outlet.
- Using screwdrivers, remove the front shell of the air conditioner.
- Make use of a vacuum cleaner. You might also use a brush to accomplish this task.
- It is important to note that the aluminium fins in the evaporator coils are rather thin in comparison to other materials. During the course of their work, they may become twisted. As a result, you should use caution.
This component accomplishes the goal of blowing cool air out of the air conditioner in a certain direction.
- Remove the indoor chassis with the use of a screwdriver in order to have access to this section.
- Using a suitable spray solution, clean this section of the machine. After you’ve sprayed it, allow it to sit for 15 minutes.
- Warm water should be used to fully rinse it.
- Make sure all of the water has been drained completely before you rinse it again.
- Make certain that it has completely dried before returning it to its original position.
5. Condenser coils
To clean the coils, do the following:
- Keep the air conditioning unit detached from the power source and unplugged.
- To gain access to the coils and condenser coils, unscrew and remove the exterior shell of the air conditioner.
- Remove any component that may be in the way of accessing the condenser coils, such as a radiator.
- After you’ve removed them, use a brush to remove any dirt, grime, grease, or other contaminants.
- Make sure to use a decent coil cleanser to keep your coils clean.
- After that, simply clean the coils with plain water.
Professional Air Conditioning Service and Repair
It is generally necessary to use extreme caution and experience while using the methods and procedures covered in this article. As a result, the next and final step is to call a professional air conditioning servicing specialist to diagnose and repair the problem that is causing you to suffer from a leaking air conditioner. Choose a top and respected service provider in order to ensure that your air conditioning equipment receives the correct care and that potential leaks are prevented. Many service providers in Singapore are now available to customers, and they provide a diverse range of services at competitive prices. The services are of varying quality, and the fees are also different. Choosing an expert who is the most efficient, performs the best, and meets all of your requirements for efficiency, performance, and overall credibility will ensure that you receive the most value for your money.